CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Parent Teacher Conferences.

Ok So Have you ever stopped to think about what a teacher goes through when Parent Teacher Conferences comes around? Well for me, it is such a nervous time of year I get so anxious.. YES it usually goes well, and there are no problems, occasionally an upset parent, or a major concern. But for the most part, just a couple of REALLY long nights.

But still, as it approaches, i am getting nervous and anxious. I have spent long hours this last week, getting the report cards done, setting up my room to seek parental approval. Cleaning everything so it doesn't look like a hurricane just came through, anxiously waiting for the parents to sign up for a time so i can start arranging my materials according to schedule. Getting more anxious each day.

It's weird because when the time comes, they come in and magically i know what to say, I can usually respond well and have the answers to their questions... But up until that first parent walks through the door its a constant panic attack....

Cant wait for this week's fun! Hope it all goes well!!!

3 comments:

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

I cannot even imagine how teachers must feel, I understand that anxiety sets in.. You just never know what kind of parent your going to come across, I would imagine your a wonderful teacher, Great job with all of your hard work. We need Teacher's who are SO wonderful, I do not think Teacher's get the best end of the stick, many parents complain so much but never look to see how it is to be the one teaching your child. Hope all goes well..

Alisha Chase said...

Thanks Shalise for all the support and encouraging words! I love parents and friends and people who actually appreciate teachers... THAT'S what makes it a great job!

Unknown said...

Hey Miss.Holloway well hope it goes well!!If you need help just e mail me!! I'll come in and tell you my e mail! Umm almost done with the pizzas sorry there taking SO long!!!! but if you need help just let me know!!!
Marissa

 
=