CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 17, 2010

HaPpY BiRtHdAy Grandma!!!

Today is my grandma's birthday! She would be 77. In November of this year it will be 8 years since she has passed away. My grandma was one of my favorite people in the whole world. I would go and stay the weekend with her every weekend growing up. We made a deal, I would watch 20/20 with her, if she would watch TGIF with me.. That was when they had cool shows on Friday night, like "Boy Meets World" and "Full House" I think she really liked watching the shows too, but she always said it was for "me". She even named her dog PANGA after Tapanga on "Boy Meets World" I always looked forward to spending time with her. She would always cook me yummy food, or take me to Wendy's her favorite place to go eat. Then Saturday Mornings I would help her clean her house and take care of her yard.

I still remember sitting in St George when my dad called to tell me she had died. I cried and cried, and cried. Then i insisted on driving home, even though it was snowing really really bad!! I can't believe that was 8 years ago. It seems like only yesterday that i was sitting with my grandma. I seriously love that woman. Because my dad was an only child, and his father passed away when he was young, we got to be so close to my grandma. She was very important in my life and i miss her like crazy!!

I LOVE YOU GRANDMA!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

2 comments:

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

Oh, how we miss your sweet Grandma, she was SO much fun next door to us- that house has never been the same. We loved it when she would sit out on her porch, she used to Love it when Trent would ride his chair over there, he never did that again after she passed away, I think he knew she was not there anymore.. Your grandma was such a wonderful wonderful person, my Mom loved to go over and visit her and would take her chicken noodle soup.
I too cannot believe she is gone. I remember I was pregnant with Danica and Danica was born November 24th, if I recall I think it was November 8th or around then your grandma passed away, it was SO sad- she was a hard worker and she has NEVER been forgotten.. We LOVE our Mildred...

Alisha Chase said...

Thanks Shalise!!! It was Nov. 8th, you are right. I always knew my grandma would be ok when i couldn't be there, because i knew you guys were looking out for her too!! She loved you guys. I remember her sitting on the porch all of the time. Trent would come visit her and she would talk to him. That was a good house for her to live in. She had a great yard she could work in, and great neighbors!

Thanks for loving my grandma and always helping her out!

 
=