CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ode to single life...

Ya know.... I have to admit, working in the field i do is hard when you are single... EVERYONE else is married, the other teachers, the parents of my students, the office staff, EVERYONE! and they all either have their own kids already,or are pregnant, or are trying to get pregnant. Which is fun! I love celebrating with my friends and seeing their new additions to their families. BUT it just reminds me how much fun it is to be 25 and single.... AND then lunch conversations turn to why i "choose" to stay single...COME ON PEOPLE!? Who really believes that someone would choose to be alone when everyone around them is married or attached to others??? I don't think anyone goes to a singles ward and says YAHOO i am single?! No way it is more like "Crap i am single lets match up here and get the heck out of this singles ward!!" or the other side of thoughts, "I am going to die alone!"

Anyway it definitely ISN'T Because I haven't been trying... I just have really crappy luck with relationships. Maybe i am looking for the wrong thing, or being too picky, or maybe i am just hard to get along with... I don't know. I have had several relationships last over a year, and then it just falls apart... time... after time.... and it makes me sad. I have even tried letting it go, and not stressing about it. Which does work for a little bit. It's just hard, especially when one relationship ends, and you thought it was different that time, it's hard to know what direction to go in next....

I have had to try super ultra hard to not let it get me down.... And most of the time i can celebrate life and just enjoy the state that i am in.. But i would be lying if i said that it isn't hard sometimes, When ultimately you want to be married and have a family too! PLUS Oh what joy it would be to leave the boy drama alone and know that that part of life has passed.

ANYWAY I really am Happy. Probably the most happy i have been in a very long time. I LOVE my job, I have lived in the same place for a year and a half now (Which is good for me!!!)and I love it! I love my ward, (which is VERY good because it's a singles ward and usually those are a no-go for me! So that's great!!!) I am in my last semester of my Masters Degree!!! which is Fabulous and life is just good.

SOOOOOO i will not frown on my single-hood. I will salute it and praise the situation i am in! THIS IS MY ODE TO SINGLE LIFE!!!!!!! Let the good times roll....

2 comments:

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for the honesty. I was 25 when I got married, I look back now and see how young it is. No regrets on my part, it's frustrating and hard when in your mind you had it set out how you thought it would be. Sometimes we do not have answers and we don't know why things are the way they are, your great to keep your head up high- your a great catch and one day it will happen. Congratulations on your masters now I cannot even say I have that- what a great honor, I respect you for your continuous of your education. Love you..

Just the 3 of us said...

I'm glad you are being positive about being single!!! With that attitude you will for sure find what you are looking for. Don't give up hope. You are a beautiful girl with a lot going for you. There will be a great guy out there for you I know it! and you will get your cute family, kids and a hubby! :)

 
=