CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Another year has come and gone.....

Well another year has come and gone!? Again!? I can't believe it. I am getting so old! And yet Oh so single? Ugh. Don't remind me! But the good news is Kristal took me out for my birthday and made me feel incredibly special! Thanks Kristal for making my life better by being such an awesome friend! Before that, I got to spend the afternoon with my sister Brittany. It is her birthday today too. I hope she had an awesome birthday because she is the best!! Happy Birthday Britt!

But on top of that i get to move again. This will be my 12th move in 8 years since i graduated High School and started living "away from home." I would really just like to stay in one place for awhile. I hate, let me repeat HATE moving. I don't do well with change at all. It stresses me out. BUT life seems to be ever changing. My relationships don't stay the same, my living arrangements don't stay the same. And my job is always different! I guess that's good when things aren't awesome, then change is good. BUT i swear it's just when things seem really great and i am feeling pretty peaceful that it all comes crashing down. I guess that is a test of our Faith... and well, all i can say is i hope i pass the test!!

Good news is i did find a new place to live. And it's with a girl in my ward so i wont have to find a new ward! Which is VERY good news, because i finally found one that i really love! At least that will be good. AND i think it will be a good situation. Different of course.. but I have to believe that different is good. What better way to start a new chapter in my life then a new home and no crazy relationship drama...Although breaking up is never fun. I guess sometimes it is necessary. I did find a good quote that i liked though. It said "A breakup is like a broken mirror. You’ll probably hurt yourself more by trying to put it back together. Get a new mirror!!! So, that's my new advice to myself. Don't worry about what happened and how to fix it... just move on!! So, Here's to moving on! A new house, a new chapter and new adventures!!! In a Brand new year!

6 comments:

Keri said...

Hi Alisha, This is Keri, Nicole's mom. So...I had a question about the book Dear John. Did the book and the movie end the same way?

Keri said...

Good luck Alisha with your new adventure! I hope everything works out for you. Sorry to read about broken relationships but I love that quote too about the mirror. It's probably so true!

Alisha Chase said...

Yep, the book and the movie did end the same. Kinda? BUT in the book it explains more that Tim had actually talked to John and asked him to take care of Savannah when he was gone (died) But of course Savannah didn't know that he had said anything like that, and then Savannah told John about the Test drug or whatever that could save Tim's life possibly. And So John sold his dad's coin collection to get the money to help Tim get the treatment. So it actually explains more why he did the donation. And he didn't want Savannah to know it was him so she could keep living without thinking about him. He wanted her to be happy.

I think the movie makes WAY more sense if you read the book. The book fills in a few of the holes that make the movie feel slightly disconnected for people that aren't sure whats going on. Not sure if that answered your question. Let me know if you wanted to know something else i'd love to explain it more i totally loved it!

Laura Jett said...

Good luck in the new place!! :D I hope everything works out for ya sweetie!!

Laura Jett said...

Good luck in the new place!! :D I hope everything works out for ya sweetie!!

Laura Jett said...

weird... sorry, computer problems made that go on there twice. Sorry. haha.

 
=