CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Love Hate Relationship....

So I have a Love hate relationship with teaching Year Round School... I LOVE being off track and having my breaks 4 times a year instead of all together at once... BUT I HATE when it's time to go back to work after being off track. It messes with my head, and my heart!!! I get to relax and play, and enjoy things i just don't have time for while i am teaching. But then the time approaches to return to school (MONDAY to be exact) and a few days before, i get anxious, and i know the end is coming... And like today, I am slightly apprehensive for the return to school. I Know I know, once i get there and my kids come i will be FINE. But It's almost like that nervous first day of school feeling all over again. Except less intimidating cuz i already know my kids. I think i am just way NOT excited to get up that early again! And have to actually get really ready each day!! BUT i do love that i get breaks at different times of the year. It really is amazing. And i dont know if i would like having ALL summer off. I would probably end up getting a summer job or something and working my entire break...

Now i know some of you are thinking. WOW teaching, what an ideal schedule and work load. WELL rest assure, yes, i don't physically have to go into school. BUT i do still do work and projects when i am off track. And i stay late almost every day i am at school. So while officially i only work 9 to 10 months out of the year... I promise you i work 12 months out of the year and every thought I have is about school. I can't even go to the store without a thought creeping in like "OH i could definitely use that in my class!" Not to mention my financial investment into all the cool projects i create!

YES, It is official I do LOVE my job... But I also HATE that anxious feeling i get when i have to go back to work....

PS i am also super sad i only have nine weeks of school left and i have to say goodbye to my AMAZING class... and begin the worrying and anxiety of a new school year!! (That will only start 3 weeks after my goodbye!!) Oh the wondrous cycle of teaching!!! GOTTA love it!!

3 comments:

Just the 3 of us said...

You are awesome girl! I bet you are every little boy and girl's favorite teacher!!!

Anonymous said...

You sound like a really fun teacher. I can sense your passion for what you do. Keep sharing those energy with the lovely little children.

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

It just goes to show what an amazing person you are.. It shows just how much love you have for your classroom of kids. I can understand the anxiety- I would be the same way. And teachers NO matter what spend so much of there time after school- hours that are not logged as pay. Your so cute and no matter what happens you will do a GREAT JOB, even if there may be a change your not looking forward to.

 
=