CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Yahoo Yahoo and more YA FREAKING HOOOOO!

I figured it was time for a new post. Now you may ask, "Well by golly, why hasn't she posted anything new? Or anything exciting?" I'd like to reply to that with great stories of an amazing vacation that took my breath away. Something so incredible that i would nearly have to stretch beyond all reason to find the perfect words to describe it. BUT ya know, I haven't taken a great vacation. I haven't had a great adventure beyond words. Therefore i need not find those perfect words.

Awe then it must be a major tragedy! Or a busy hang up at work.... But Alas that is not it either. Quite frankly I think the story we are looking for here, is i just haven't had anything blog worthy to blog about. UNTIL NOW!!!

Now i haven't made this a paraded marching band display. In fact, it is more an elephant in the room kind of story, so lets talk about this elephant!

I have struggled with weight loss for years. Ok lets be real probably my entire life. I have always been chubby, which is cute when your young but beyond that its just plan crappy. I have gone up and down but always remained chunky. 5 years passed and what happened? OH that's right through much stress, drama, life changing and craziness I gained 50 lbs. And have been desperately trying to get it off since then. I started tracking my weight last May. It would fluctuate 5ish pounds up and down but nothing beyond that. I tried several different workout approaches. Dieting etc. I even stopped drinking soda for awhile. But nothing. I was stuck! So then the last week of December came. (I had still been tracking my weight with no change.)I was talking to my friend who had mentioned she was going to start Weight Watchers. I had been thinking a lot about this option but wasn't quite sure. What if it didn't work and i just got more frustrated? Well regardless i decided to join anyway. I was desperate to try something new anyway. I was pretty sure it too would not work like everything else i had honestly truly faithfully tried. But to my surprise it worked! The first week in i lost 2 pounds. I have continued the program now for 3 months. I am in my fourth month, and i LOVE it. I dont feel restricted and tied down. I get to still eat the things i enjoy. I am just more aware of the portions i choose and tracking what i eat. But i am proud to say i reached my first weight loss goal! I have lost 17 lbs since my starting weigh in. It was such a great feeling to weigh in today and see that i had actually reached my goal!! I have set a new goal now to lose 10% of my original starting weight. And i am truly excited that it works! It really works! After being so frustrated with things never changing no matter what i did. I love that this worked and has made a difference. I mean of course there are still weeks where i haven't lost anything. But even staying the same weight is a success to me. Because that means i didn't fluctuate up or jump 5 lbs here and there. I love seeing progress each week whether it be on the scale, or in my motivation and pride.

I am even more pumped because as good weather comes more frequently i know i will continue to be active. I cant wait to get out there and ride my bike more! And walk the dogs again!! They love it and so do i!! (Even though i have started doing these things through the bitter cool fake spring days we have been having.)I cant wait to start going camping too!! I love to hike! I just know i will be more active!

I love that not only has this worked for me to improve my health and my image... But it has really help my confidence too. Not just because i am losing weight but because i have stuck with it and kept trying until it did work. I never gave up. And i still wont as i face the long journey ahead of me. I know it wont happen instantly and results aren't around the corner. BUT i will do this, I can do this and i am promising you now..... I will work my butt off to make it happen!!!!

SO if anyone wants to go for a walk or a bike ride, or hiking, I may not be the best but i am definitely willing!!! And everything is better with a friend!!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I want to buy a bike! I think we should go on bike rides.. or hikes.. or something. I am up for it! :)

ANNND you are doing amazing! Great job!

Unknown said...

You are truly nothing less than AMAZING! Whenever I am sad or frustrated or even when I am bursting at the seams with something exciting... I ALWAYS look forward to sharing it with YOU! I am SO excited for you and I can't wait to see you accomplish your goal! LOVE YOU!

Lisa said...

That's awesome Alisha! I just joined 3 weeks ago! I love it!

 
=