CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Aunt to Babysitter of 3? Definitely not ready to be an instant mom!!!



My sister and brother in law are in Canada, and i am watching their 3 kids. I am officially sitting down for the first time today. I have changed diapers more than i can count, a great majority of them poopy might i add. We started with the baby up bright at early ready to eat of course, after a long night last night with my dad and Mikel and the kids. We went up to Ogden to see the Disney Christmas Carol train. We got home super late!!! So slowly one by one they woke up and crawled into bed with me. We then watched cartoons, while i changed diapers, got them dressed for the day, and tried to convince myself to get dressed! We then played, read stories, took naps, went outside, ate, played, ate played, cried a little, now I have given them all baths, read bedtime stories and hopefully gotten them to sleep except the little guy.

I feel like it has been non stop. Not really hard stuff, just always something to do. Someone needs something, diaper, food, toys, snacks, loves, attention. One after another. I think i understand why you are supposed to have kids one at a time! It wore me out! I give props to moms everywhere, and i know some of you are single moms! Yikes I know for sure i couldn't do this alone forever! I need a partner in crime for sure. BUT it was super fun, and I love love love these guys! And my sister deserved it! Just thought i would share with you my appreciation for people who do this all the time! I am glad you are strong enough, brave enough, and have enough energy to keep up! You are amazing to have kids!

These are just a couple of funny pics after nap time Ade went to go check on Xander and i went up to make sure everything was ok and she had climed into his bed!! Then Gunnar decided to join them. It was super cute! OH and my favorite part of the day was giving the baby a bath! He giggled the whole time it was so freaking cute!!!

2 comments:

Daija said...

Wow! You are amazing. I would have had major hair loss by the end. :)

Just the 3 of us said...

Wow that is a lot of work especially all 3 at one time! Your post made me smile :) thanks!!!

 
=