CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 12, 2009

New writing obsession

OK so i am on a really crazy writing kick. I love to write, and it doesn't matter what i write, it can be like a journal about my feelings, a story, and my new silly fun is poetry. I fully admit at this moment that it isn't necessarily publishing worthy poetry it is just fun silly Alisha poems. But i wanted to share them anyway, maybe i will even post a story later, or whatever else i decided to write. I have always loved writing, i just never get time to actually do it! I want to manage my time better so i can do more of the things i love. Anyway here is my first poem i am going to share, it is a silly emotional poem about teaching, since that is about all i have been thinking about at this point of the school year. (THREE MORE WEEKS LEFT!!)

Teaching

Another smart remark,
Another child gone off task.
It’s always a “He said, She said”
battle. Never a walk in the park.

Another deep breath taken,
Bite my tongue and hold it in.
I laugh, I smile, and I cry
And then I do it all again.

Oh the joys of teaching,
Watching students learn and grow.
You never really know what is going to happen,
So just sit back and enjoy the show.

Each day is a test of patience
Of strength and will and joy
I try to appear happy
To every girl and boy.

But sometimes I get frustrated and
Sometimes I can’t be strong,
I have to laugh instead of cry
And try to carry on.

I often wonder if it is meant to be.
And if teaching is really for me.
But I love to help them understand
To have faith and to believe!

I never want to see them sad, or overcome with pain
I love to help them look up,
When all they see is rain.

I love my job,
Although it’s hard
And hope that I can be
The best me I can be and
A teacher full of GLEE!

No comments:

 
=