CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

3rd Grade?!?!


Well it is official. I am going to be teaching THIRD grade next year!? How do i feel about that some might ask.... I am not sure? It will be a new adventure that is for sure. I have successfully survived 3 years in 6th grade and loved it. So i am ready to try a younger grade to see how they compare. Some of you may think 6th grade is awful and that a new grade is wonderful, I however LOVE 6th grade and have had so many memories and lessons learned since i started teaching. But year 4 is a great year to start something new. I am moving up.... or down? And i hear the little kids worship their teachers, so i may have some new fans.. Ha we will see. I am not sure i can be sweet enough for 8 year olds, but they will be 9 by the end of the year, so maybe by then i will be nice and more knowledgeable about what to do with them? In order to get prepared i started reading a book called "32 third graders and one class bunny." It is not just about third grade, it is about teaching in general but i thought it was a good place to start. I also went out and started buying books and resources for third grade.... I was excited to figure out what i was going to teach! So that's right, the planning begins and i get to start over developing a plan and classroom curriculum, which means more hard work! But more new adventures come from hard work... Look for more stories as i prepare for my new journey~

OH and HAPPY EASTER!

No comments:

 
=